Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Hungary

The next stop on my Christmas trip was to go to Hungary.  I took the train from Brno and after a bit of wandering I Hostel.  I even ran into two Canadian guys in the street before finding the hostel.  As it was nearing both my birthday and Christmas I had only booked a couple of nights (Hoping to find a fun crowd to spend the two with).  After checking in and meeting the awesome folks there, I quickly decided that I would stay until after Christmas.  We all worked on creating more than a few empty bottles, and the Australians cooked a great risotto for Christmas dinner!

The hostel crowd:
 
Budapest is actually two cities "Buda" and "Pest" which are on opposite sides of the river.  Here is a view of the "Pest" side from up on the hill: (also someone's Christmas welcome!)


The hostel was called HomePlus and had a really neat common area with a multi-level platform common area:  (Picture stolen from google)


We all hung out lots, cooked a batch of mulled wine with about 20 bottles of wine, and then we went to the Turkish baths for Christmas day:

(I stole this picture from national geographic since I didn't want to be that creepy dude in the bath with a camera!)

We also did a walking tour and saw lots of cool sites.  I will definitely be going to Budapest again as it is an amazing city!

A couple more pictures from the walking tour:



No comments:

Post a Comment