Sunday, March 20, 2016

Southern Myanmar Winter 2015

As a bit of a detour from my usual European travels I wandered through Asia for a couple of months this fall and winter.  I wandered through Hong Kong, China (work trip), Thailand, and Myanmar.

Myanmar is a wonderful country that is changing really quickly and still hasn't seen nearly as much change due to tourism as Vietnam or Thailand.  If you want to get a little off the beaten path I highly recommend it!

As I have so many pictures from Myanmar I figured I would break this into two posts.  This first post is from my travels between Yangon and Bagan.

Inside Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon 

 Shwedagon Pagoda built between 6th and 10th century.

Kids playing inside Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon.

 The "Circle Train" that circles Yangon, the locals use the time to prepare vegetables for market.

A very brave monk reading between two moving trains.

 Waiting for sunrise sitting on a temple from the 12th century
.
 First balloon of the morning over the thousands of temples in Bagan.

All of the balloons cruising over the thousands of temples. 

 Entrance to one of the larger temples in Bagan.

 Sunrise on the second day in Bagan.  It's hard not to take thousands of pictures with a view like that!

 Sunset at one of our favorite temples.

 The best way to explore around all of the temples, hitting up the dirt roads on electric bikes!

A bit of a traffic jam.


No comments:

Post a Comment