Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Germany Round 2!


Well I managed to get 10 days off to do a little mini trip.  I had decided to head to Oktoberfest again this year, as it was too much fun last time to miss it when I live so close. 


I started this trip through Germany by flying to Stuttgart.  I spent a couple of days visiting a couple of great friends(Annie and Anna), Annie is currently living in Stuttgart and she was kind enough to host me!  I got to explore the Mercedes Benz museum and also experience Wasen.  Wasen is a smaller more local version of Octoberfest, that is mostly attended by locals and Germans.  Not so many tourists but the idea is the same!

Some pictures from Stuttgart (Mostly from the Mercedes museum):

Great way to enjoy an afternoon in Stuttgart!  (Also the food was awesome!)

If you see little signs with blue socks, follow them! They lead to a great beer garden on top of the biggest hill in the city.

A really cool church surrounded by a horseshoe shaped lake/pond.

One of the oldest Mercedes Benz cars in the museum

 A great example of how cars used to be designed to look nice not just for utility.

One of the coolest car transporters I've ever seen! 

Ever wondered what a clay car looks like?  These are used to prototype how the final car will look!


 How often do you see rally lights and headlight guards on a car like this?

 I don't know why this sign is here, but I feel better for sure!


Next stop Munich! Why Munich you ask?  Well clearly because it was time for Oktoberfest!  Since Oktoberfest was on, almost all of the hostels/hotels/ect where really expensive or full.  We did manage to find a small hotel room that was not too overpriced (100 euro's for a night) so we decided we would take the train from Stuttgart early in the morning, drop our things at the hotel and then go straight to Oktoberfest.  I love Oktoberfest, a festival where I get to drink lots of beer and also wear my lederhosen.

See! Lederhosen!

This is the second time that I've been to Oktoberfest.  As always it was great!  If you've never been you need to make it one of your life goals if you like food, beer, and dancing on tables!

Pictures: 
I've Arrived! 

One of the "Tents" the tents are huge! 

 Annie and I!

Waiting for Beer!

New Friends!

These are my favorite! 

Just an idea of how big the tents are on the inside!

Of course there's a lot in Munich aside from Oktoberfest.  I only had a day to check it out before I left to go to Poland.  I decided to do the free walking tour ( http://www.newmunichtours.com/ ) and then we went for soup.

These two towers are one of the only things that were not destroyed during the war.  The allied air forces kept them so they could use them for navigation.

The "New" townhall.


Next stop Warsaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment