Sunday, May 18, 2014

Belgium

My friends Travis and Anh had planned a little Euro trip, it had started with a visit to Copenhagen and Malmö to visit me, and it was ending with a stop in Brussels before returning to Canada. As I had a red day (holiday) on Thursday,  I decided that I would fly to Brussels Wednesday after work.  The plan was to meet up with them Friday before returning to Sweden on Sunday night.   

 One of the many comic murals on the walls of Brussels.
After arriving in Brussels I checked into the same hostel I stayed in last time, and then met some friends in the common area, a couple of awesome Canadian girls and an Australian girl, all of whom are doing exchange in Europe.  We had a great night and ended up in Delirium enjoying a little absinth and I enjoyed a "Cookie Beer" .... which actually tasted like cookies.

The next morning I took off to Luxembourg (Blog Post Here), and after a night and most of the next day I headed back to Brussels to meet up with Anh and Travis.  They had booked us into a pretty nice hotel that they had a great deal on.  I met up with them in the afternoon and we headed out to have a couple drinks and chat about their Europe adventures. Afterwards we headed out for the night but ended up packing in fairly early, although we did manage to meet up with the french girls from Luxembourg.

 The Town Hall
The next day we did the free tour, ate lots of waffles, and a horrid burger, then went around town some before heading for a really nice dinner together.  I enjoyed the local mussels as well as some more of the tasty tasty Belgian beer.
A church on the edge of the canals.
Since Travis and Anh where leaving early I decided to go to Bruges for the day and explore the town.  It had an economic crash right at its peak.  As a result much of it was just left in the medieval style, as the money wasn't available to even demolish the old buildings.  The result is a medieval city that still exists today.  It also has some really nice canals.

Think I missed something?  Have suggestions where I should go next?  Sound off in the comments below!

More Pictures:

 Cathedral of St Micheal

 Anh, Travis, and I

 The view behind Anh, Travis, and I.

 Market in Bruges.

 The cloth market.

 One of the Canals in Bruges.

No comments:

Post a Comment