Saturday, March 1, 2014

Croatia

Croatia was one of the few stops I had planned ahead.  One of my friends I had met in Ottawa is actually from Croatia, and had invited me for New Years!  After visiting Vera in Austria the next stop was to visit Kristina in Zagreb.  After an amazing train ride through the mountains (amazing views), I ran into a few British folks on a train tour who shared their drinks with me!  Before I knew it I was in Zagreb, where I checked into my awesome hostel which was right in the middle of downtown.

The next day Kristina and her brother Tom gave me a wonderful tour around town.  Zagreb has some really nice buildings as well as great snacks and amazing people!  For the night we went to a house party, it was conveniently right next to my hostel, and full of awesome people!  With lots of snacks, lots of music, and just a little homemade wine I had a great night!  The next day of hangover on the train to Belgrade was not quite as friendly though! (But that's a different story!)

Me and Kristina

Me and my other new friend!
 New Years preparations

 A church with a really cool roof

A statue of a horse and guy

 Me in front of another church

A statue of Nikola Tesla

No comments:

Post a Comment