Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Denmark!

I decided that a logical next stop would be Denmark.  For those who don't know there is a very convenient bridge that leads from Malmo (Sweden) to Copenhagen (Denmark).  This makes it easy to go from Sweden to Denmark.  I decided that I would visit 3 cities in Denmark: Sonderborg, Aarhus, and Copenhagen.  I chose these cities because I had friends in all of them to visit.

I started with the train to Sonderborg which was pretty easy.  I met a nice Canadian girl at the Copenhagen train station, on my way to Sonderborg.  Since we both had an hour or so to kill after getting our tickets we grabbed a coffee and then parted ways.  After a kind of boring train ride I got to Sonderborg and met up with my friend there.  We explored Sonderborg and also I had a chance to make a day trip over to Germany (Next blog post!).  Also I had the chance to

Sonderborg is a really small town but its quite nice.  They have a lovely bridge, and some nice beaches and area's to play volleyball and swim.  Here are some pictures:

Apparently Danes love their flags... (There was a bike race this week)

A windmill near where the last battle between Germany and Denmark occurred.

A "Castle" ... looks more like a big house I think.

After that I headed on to Aarhus with a rideshare.  In Aarhus my friend lent me her apartment which was great.  She lives in the University so I got to spend some nights in the student bar as well as wandering Aarhus and visiting with some other friends.  I also was introduced to an amazing sandwich shop: http://www.anettessandwich.dk/ it was so good I went twice in 2 days.  Also in Aarhus is a really cool looking art building that has a "rainbow" path on the roof.  Its a 360 degree circle you can walk through that's coloured all different colours.  Check out the pictures below!

The local Playhouse

The arts building with the rainbow roof.

The other side of the Rainbow building.

After this I headed home, the trip to Sweden resulted in me heading to Denmark later then I had planned to.  I had offered to bring my friends tent from Aarhus to Copenhagen so I took off and headed towards Copenhagen on the train.  I managed to have a couple of beers with my buddy who lives in Copenhagen but I'll have to plan another trip to Copenhagen to do some actual exploring.


No comments:

Post a Comment