Thursday, August 15, 2013

Hiking... and Bacon Paste!

Last weekend I decided to go out for a day hiking.  I had met a German guy who wanted to join me. We decided to hike the path shown in red (Roughly drawn since paint hates me):

This trail is part of the Skaneleden trail network (http://en.skaneleden.se/) which is a well marked series of trails that stretches over 1000km.  The term trail is a little loose, some is trails, some is a random path through farms, and other areas you just walk along roads.  The system is great though, and is complimented by "allemansrätten" which I'm told translates to "the everyman's right".  Basically what this means is that you're allowed to travel or camp anywhere you like on other peoples property.

Of course this blog post also needs to talk about some traditional Swedish foods.  For reasons I have not yet discovered the Swedes love to  put their food in tubes.  The best food in a tube I have found so far is Bacon.... That's right Bacon... in a tube!

Proof:
Bacon!!

Anyway the hike was great until the sky opened up and it started to pour rain.  At this point we had done about 20km so we decided to hitchike from the nearest road and catch the train.  We ended up meeting a really cool Swedish guy doing deliveries who drove us around through a few towns before eventually dropping us off at the train station.

Pictures (I only remembered to take a couple):

Near Bastad
View from the top of a hill... it looked better in person!
Apparently bacon paste is white... but it sure tastes like bacon!

No comments:

Post a Comment