Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Germany!

Well I want to start by saying I know what you're thinking/going to say: "You can't count Germany yet".  Well based on the rules of the challenge ... which I made up.  I can.  Since I've started talking about this challenge I've had lots of people saying to me that I can't say I visited every country in Europe just because I've been to each one.  To be fair I don't really care, at the end its a fun way for me to pick new places to go and travel lots.  The contest doesn't say I can't go to a country more than once.  It just says I have to at least once.  Also I bet I'll have traveled more than most of those people who say it shouldn't count :)

So now that I've given that you can probably guess that I went to the edge of Germany, had a beer with 2 feet in the country and left!

Actually I did a little more I explored the town of Flensburg, which is just over the Danish/German border.  We explored the town, visited the local bars and ate Schnitzel.  All of the things you're supposed to do in Germany.  Below you can find some pictures from my little wander.

The good news is I will soon be in Germany again... for Octoberfest!

The Church
Top of the "Mountain"... actually it's a smallish hill that has a nice view over the town.

German Beer!
A kinda cool steel town sign made that blows in the wind.

The old town gate.
For some reason there were lines across the road that looked like this (Lots of them).  I assume this is how Germans sell or clean their shoes or something.

Also I saw this cool old Triumph.

No comments:

Post a Comment